Who We Are
Our church was founded by William Edward Fuller Sr. in 1898.
- For the deepening of our spiritual life, so that all our members
may attain and impress every Christian believer to seek the highest
Christian experience possible in this life.
- To ordain Elders, Pastors, Evangelists, Missionaries, Deacons, and
Teachers; divinely called and set apart according to their gifts and
calling, who shall be required to teach and preach what
- To enforce the sacraments enacted by Christ and practiced by the Holy Apostles and Fathers of the early church, such as baptism, and administration of the Lord's Supper followed by ordinances (1) washing of the saints' feet, (2) solemnizing matrimony, (3) burying the dead and other ordinances.
The form of church government that our organization takes is that of an episcopacy. Our head officials are called bishops. The area over which a bishop presides is called a diocese. The diocese is divided into districts which are headed by presiding elders. We have three (3) bishops presiding over three dioceses comprised (summarily) of 26 districts. Bishop P.L. Frazier Jr. is the presiding prelate of the First Episcopal Diocese. Bishop J.L. Davis is the presiding prelate of the Second Episcopal Diocese. Bishop A.L. Rodgers is the presiding prelate of the Third Episcopal Diocese.
Our General Church headquarters is located at 901 Bishop William Edward Fuller, Sr. Highway in Greenville, South Carolina. The General Church has the responsibility of providing leadership at all levels of clergy participation including pastoral. Missionaries are sent out under the auspices of the General Church. Our church has always believed that there is neither male nor female in Christ. Women are licensed to preach and are appointed as pastors, and also serve as elders.
- To learn more about our church please read:
- "Introducing the Fire Baptized Holiness Church of God of the
Americas - A Study Manual" written by Bishop Patrick L. Frazier,
(Note: Portions of the Study Manual are available on this web site.)
- "The Fire Baptized Holiness Church of God of the Americas - Pictorial and Historical Events In Retrospect - A Treastise on National Officers: Past and Present" by Dr. Anne W. Fannin